A juvenile was injured and transported to the hospital following an accidental shooting in a Martin County residence. Authorities are investigating the incident, which reportedly involved another minor, and emphasize the importance of gun safety in homes with children.
Juvenile Hospitalized After Accidental Shooting in Martin County Home





Juvenile Injured in Accidental Shooting, Transported to Hospital
Stuart, FL – July 26, 2025 – A juvenile was injured and hospitalized Friday evening following what authorities believe was an accidental shooting in a residential neighborhood in Martin County. The incident occurred shortly before 6:00 p.m. in the 500 block of Palm Lake Drive, prompting a swift response from law enforcement and emergency medical services.
According to the Martin County Sheriff’s Office, deputies arrived on scene within minutes of the 911 call reporting that a young person had been shot inside a home. First responders located the juvenile, described only as a male under the age of 18, with a single gunshot wound. He was conscious and alert when emergency crews arrived and was immediately transported to Cleveland Clinic Martin North Hospital.
Officials have not released the juvenile’s name due to his age and the ongoing investigation. His current condition is stable, according to a hospital spokesperson.
“At this time, it appears the shooting was accidental,” said Sheriff William Snyder in a brief statement Friday night. “We are conducting a full investigation to determine exactly what happened, including how the firearm was accessed and whether proper safety measures were in place.”
Initial reports indicate that the shooting may have involved another minor who was present at the time. Detectives are interviewing witnesses and family members to piece together the sequence of events. The firearm involved has been recovered by authorities.
The sheriff’s office emphasized that while no foul play is currently suspected, the incident underscores the importance of gun safety and responsible firearm storage—especially in homes with children.
“Even when children believe they understand the risks, accidents like this can happen in the blink of an eye,” said Sgt. Alicia Moreno, a spokesperson for the department. “We urge all gun owners to keep firearms locked, unloaded, and out of reach of minors.”
Neighbors described the scene as tense and emotional, with several patrol cars and an ambulance blocking the normally quiet street.
“It was heartbreaking to see,” said longtime resident Maria Ellis, who lives two doors down. “I saw the ambulance pull away with the lights on and the mother crying in the yard. I just hope the boy is okay.”
This is the second accidental shooting involving a juvenile in South Florida in the past month, prompting renewed concerns among parents, educators, and public officials about gun access and child safety.
The Martin County Sheriff’s Office said no arrests have been made at this time, and the investigation remains active. The Department of Children and Families (DCF) has been notified, which is standard protocol in incidents involving juveniles.
Counseling services and victim support resources have been offered to the family involved. Local schools and youth programs are also expected to revisit firearm safety education as part of their community outreach efforts in the wake of this incident.
Authorities are urging anyone with information about the incident or the events leading up to it to contact the Martin County Sheriff’s Office tip line.
This is a developing story. Updates will be provided as more details become available.